Preschool of the Arts is currently hiring for the following positions.
Pedagogista (Curriculum Developer) – Preschool of the Arts is hiring a full time Pedagogista. Anticipated hours will be 10am-6pm, Monday through Friday. In collaboration with the other pedagogista and the administrative team, this person will be responsible for the professional growth of internal staff and external visitors as well as the program development and advancement of PSA. Expertise in Early Childhood Education required, familiarity with Reggio Emilia approach preferred. To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Pedagogista”.
Summer Positions at PSA – Come spend a joyful summer at PSA! Both full time and part time summer positions are available, working with a variety of age groups. Most full time positions will work 7:45am-3:45pm, most part time positions will work 11:30am-5:30pm. Our ideal timeline for summer staff is May 31 to August 26, but we have some flexibility. For the right candidate, there is potential for temporary summer positions to turn into permanent roles. Our teaching teams are comprised of two co-teachers and an afternoon teacher who collaborate in a rich, child-centered environment. To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Summer”.
Substitute Teachers – PSA is always looking for great subs! Very flexible schedules are available, but most shifts are either 7:45am-3:45pm or 12:30pm-5:30pm. We want our substitute teachers’ schedules to work for them. Need more hours or fewer hours per week? Just let us know, we will work to accommodate your needs. Substitute teaching is a great entry-point to our program! Many of our substitute teachers move into permanent roles. Starting as a sub gives you a chance to get to know our program and philosophy. We do not require experience in early childhood for our substitute teachers. To apply, send your resume to email@example.com with the subject “Substitute Teacher”.
Why work for PSA?
- Our tight-knit, collaborative teaching staff will welcome you to our school.
- We offer a full benefits package (health, dental, and vision insurance, PTO, 401(k) with match, etc) available for all permanent employees who work 20 hours per week or more.
- We care about nurturing our teachers. We provide in-house professional development about our Reggio Emilia inspired practice, and we have a budget to pay for professional development so you can continue to learn about the ECE topics that interest you the most. Teachers are part of Reflective Practice cohorts to continue to deepen their practice and work with children.
- We value teachers taking time off. All teachers get a paid break each day, and teachers are encouraged to use PTO. Holidays are paid, including winter and spring breaks. We allow teachers to take extended leaves of absence over the summer or as needed.
- Free coffee and chocolate!
What kind of staff is PSA looking for?
- We value life long learning. We want staff who are excited to learn with the children and teachers at our school.
- Bring your creativity! Our staff is brimming with talented musicians and artists. We value collaboration in both our children and our staff.
- PSA embraces anti-bias curriculum. We want staff who reflect on their own biases and work to build a safe, respectful environment for all children.
Preschool of the Arts provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Preschool of the Arts complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Preschool of the Arts promotes and supports an inclusive and diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer.