Collaborative Professional Development Services:
Learning Together as a Tool for Innovation
Have you ever wondered what a Reggio Inspired preschool setting looks like, or how it works? Here at Preschool of the Arts, our teachers are life-long learners, committed to reflection on their practice and to ongoing professional development and collaboration. Continual learning invigorates and renews and enables teachers to provide the highest quality of educational experiences with inspired hearts and visionary practices.
Below are the various options that we provide for collaborative professional development experiences. If you are interested in participating, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608.233.1707 to schedule your visit to Preschool of the Arts.
Menu of Professional Development Options:
- Educator Tour (40 min tour of facilities & 20 min question/answer, $50/ person): One of our school leaders will walk you through our stimulating Reggio Emilia inspired school of 14 classrooms, an art studio, and music studio with this guided tour.
- Observation (60 min, $50/person): We invite you to come spend a bit of time immersed in our inspiring classroom environments. Teachers will be engaged with children, and may be available for questions post observation.
- Tour and Observation (1.5- 2hrs, $75/person): For this type of visit, you will receive a guided tour by one of our school leaders, as well as time to observe some of our classroom environments in action.
- Professional Development Institute ($100/person): Join us for a full morning of observation and collaboration. Our typical morning session would be structured like this, but times could be flexible upon request:
8:30-9:00 Welcome/ Guided Tour
9:00-10:30 Classroom observation
10:30-11:00 Coffee and Conversation
11:00-12:00 Reflection and Professional Development Presentation
Examples of presentation topics:
- Loose Parts & Creative Constructions
- Preschool of the Arts: Our Journey with the Reggio Emilia Approach
- Shared Leadership & Collaborative Teaching
- Mindfulness for Young Children
- Language and Literacy in an Emergent Curriculum
- Power of Observation and Documentation: Making Learning Visible
- Arts Integration in Early Childhood
- Creativity and Young Children
- The Power of Play in Early Learning
- Reggio-Inspired STEM Learning
- Other topics available upon request
- PSA Membership Program ($100/ Institute)
Collaborating with institutions of higher education is of the utmost importance to PSA as we truly believe in sharing our Reggio inspired practices with future early childhood educators. Beginning in September of 2018, we invite your institution to partner with Preschool of the Arts by providing access to our quality resources for your students. Purchase a PSA Membership, and your institution will receive: Unlimited class visits, quarterly education articles, and information about upcoming trainings. To purchase your all-access PSA Membership, email email@example.com or call 608.233.1707.
We look forward to working with you!