Get ready for Preschool of the Arts’ 2020 Alumni Summer Outdoor Adventure Program!
Preschool of the Arts is offering a brand new summer experience for our alumni finishing Kindergarten – First Grade.
In maintaining our commitment to the Reggio Emilia-inspired approach to education, we believe in the children’s right to be an active and visible member of their community. With enrollment in our 12 week Outdoor Adventure Program this summer, your child will explore our city’s parks, playgrounds, gardens, museums, libraries and other highlights. Without the confines of an indoor classroom, the children will go on exploratory hikes, take the city bus to new and exciting destinations, and learn about our city and each other through interactive play.
As PSA alumni you know that at Preschool of the Arts we believe children become the most confident learners when they are able to learn through real world experiences. Now that our alumni students are a bit older, the world is a much bigger place with even more opportunities to learn. Being a part of their community and interacting with the people and places around them is important to their development of empathy for others, humans, and the earth alike. They also develop a confident, open-minded view of the world and strong life skills.
This program is different from past years in that it will take place outdoors a majority (if not all) of the time. A designated outdoor meeting space for children will serve as their space for morning drop-offs. In the event of inclement weather, there is a designated classroom space, however the intention is for the group will be outside as often as possible. This means that children will be asked to dress appropriately for all types of weather, rain or shine. There is no bad weather, just bad gear. Our recommendations for proper gear will be sent out prior to the start of the program.
- What: 12 week alumni summer program with an outdoor classroom and community exploration focus.
- What age: Our program accepts kindergarten and first grade graduates.
- Why: We believe children become the most confident learners when they are able to learn through real world experiences. Because Madison has so much to offer in the summer, we are intentionally creating opportunities for children to be immersed in the local wonders of the natural world around them.
- When: Monday, June 8 – August 28, Time: 8:00 – 3:30 (before and after hours available upon request)
- How much: $4080 in 3 monthly installments of $1360.
- Contact: Mollie Stetzer at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
As of February 2020, the Summer Outdoor Adventure program is full. If you would like to add your name to the waiting list, you can still fill out an application online.